If you’ve ever looked in the maintenance section of the manual that came with your car, you know that there are certain maintenance services that are recommended periodically to keep your vehicle safe and to extend the life of the engine. While you’ll still have to consult the manual on your vehicle to know when to perform maintenance on your specific make and model, we’re going to discuss 5 vital elements of proper car maintenance.
- Oil Change – If you’ve had it drilled into you that oil changes need to be done every 3 months or 3,000 miles, you’re probably getting your oil changed way more often than necessary. The time between oil changes is based on how much you drive and the type of oil used.
- Belts – Some belts are meant to be changed at a set time, such as the drive belt. Other belts, like the A/C belt, require a visual check to determine if a change is needed.
- Tires – Tires usually come with a mileage warranty that can tell you how far to expect to go on the tires. When you buy a new car, don’t expect tires to last very long. Tread depth and tire pressure are important to staying on the road and getting good gas mileage.
- Brake System – Brake pads are also rated for a certain number of miles, but it will depend on how hard a driver is on the breaks and whether more time is spent on the Interstate or on city streets.
- Fluid Levels – Some fluid levels are more important than others. Getting too low on oil can destroy your engine. Running low on windshield washer fluid can be really inconvenient, but isn’t necessarily dangerous. Checking fluid levels regularly can save you inconvenience and major expenses.
Factory Service Maintenance When You Need It (and Only When You Need It)
At MR Auto SD, we go by your factory maintenance service schedule along with visual inspections. As a result, you get all of the regular maintenance services you need and no pressure to purchase services you don’t need. To schedule a check-up for your vehicle, call (858) 455-8222.